Our local officials have set forth some guidelines for worship gatherings to begin again in a safe manner. In light of this, we’ve decided to resume worshipping together in person.
Here are some precautions we’ll be taking:
- Encouraging individuals who are at “high-risk” to stay home (Zoom worship at 9:00AM and pre-recorded videos available as well).
- Practicing social distancing and encouraging the use of masks.
- Encouraging everyone to bring their own chair to prevent further contact.
- Distributing sealed communion cups to everyone before worship.
- Placing a box by the door for contribution.
- Cleaning and sanitizing surfaces that could spread germs.
- Additional feed of live service in cafeteria to provide even more space and masks required during service.
When and where are we meeting?
We will be meeting in person at West Elementary on Sundays at 9:00AM and 5:00PM.
We know that worshipping together again is exciting, but we do ask that you consider your own personal safety and the safety of others when determining if it is best for you to attend in person or online.
The recommendations set forth by local officials asks that anyone falling into any of these categories stays home: “Everyone 65 years and older, people with disabilities, people with serious respiratory or cardiovascular conditions, people who are immunocompromised, and others) and children’s activities/nursery programs should not gather in person until a later time.” Additionaly, if you are “symptomatic, have a fever, have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive, or have traveled internationally or to a domestic hot spot in the past two weeks.”
We are excited to be able to worship together in person again. We will also continue all of our online options until further notice.